Monday, February 18, 2013

Manic Monday


I try not to do two Manic Mondays in a row, but last time I did that I went a month without posting anything at all! So forgive me. I decided to do something a little different with this Manic Monday post. I'm posting groups of three things from various categories. I might do this every once in a while.

1. People I Want to Meet
#1 Stephen Sondheim
 Gypsy, West Side Story, Into the Woods, Company, A Little Night Music, Sunday In the Park With George, Follies. He was behind them all. I want meet him and see what goes on inside that brilliant head of his.
#2 Patti LuPone
 Because she's amazing.
#3 Adele
THAT VOICE! Ugh, I'm jealous of her baby, because that voice sings him to sleep every night.


2. Favorite TV Pairs
#1 Liz and Jack (30 Rock)
For one thing, I am very sad that this show is over! Liz and Jack made it seven seasons as just friends, not romantic entanglement. Their unconventional mentor/mentee or sister-ployee/work-orcacle relationship is what made this show so great.
#2 Sheldon and Amy (The Big Bang Theory)
Such a weird, brilliant couple. Whenever these two are together, you're in for some laughs.
 #3 The Dowager Countess and Isobel Crawley (Downton Abbey)
I love these two little old biddys, and the way they can have caddy disagreements with such propriety.

3. Lead Characters In Musicals That I Must Play
#1 Diana Goodman (Next to Normal)
 A bipolar depressive woman with delusion episodes.
#2 Elphaba (Wicked)
The story of Oz as told by the Wicked Witch.
#3 Kathy (The Last 5 Years)
A woman telling the story of her relationship. She starts her side of the story at the dissolution of her marriage. Her husband starts his story at their first date. The only time their stories intertwine is at their wedding.

4. Places To Go
#1 London
West End. Big Ben. Red Buses.
#2 Myrtle Beach
I'm not sure why, but I've just always wanted to go to Myrtle Beach (South Carolina).
#3 The Alps
Just to I can twirl around and sing "The hills are alive!" And they look pretty too.

No comments:

Post a Comment