Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Spiced Popcorn



2 posts in 2 days?!? Whoa Nelly I am on a roll!
This post is a result of boredom and hunger. I got home from school, and unlike very other Wednesday, I had nothing to do. No calculus homework, no vocal lessons, no practices or rehearsals. I played piano for a half hour, violin for another half, and then set to make this popcorn that I saw online the other day. It's a great snack for autumn! (and a great snack to eat while you catch up on your Pretty Little Liars episodes!)







Spiced Popcorn
6 cups popped popcorn 
     (preferably with no butter or salt pre-added)
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice 
     (I made my own using cinnamon, ginger, all-spice, and nutmeg)
1 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoons maple syrup

1.Pop popcorn
2. Put maple syrup and butter in a microwave safe bowl; microwave for 20 seconds
3. Stir; if butter isn't melted yet, add another 10 seconds
4. Add pie spice to melted butter and maple syrup
5. Pour mixture over the popped popcorn; toss until popcorn in equally coated
6. Cover baking sheet with parchment paper and pour the coated popcorn onto the paper
7. Set broiler to low and put baking sheet on middle rack in oven
8. Broil for about two minutes; then shift the kernels a bit to make sure that they all get nice and crispy; broil for another 2 minutes
9. Pout into a bowl and eat

*steps 6-8 were my edits to the recipe; without broiling it, the popcorn was a little too soggy for my liking

1 comment: