Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween Showtunes!

Happy Halloween worldwide web!

I was going to do a foodpost, but sometimes life gets in the way of foodblogs. Today life included several odds and ends of our upcoming musical. So, no cooking. But as a lady who loves her showtunes, I wanted to post my top Halloween jingles fit for every Broadway fanatic's spooky side.



#5 The Rocky Horror Picture Show
Favorite Songs: Dammit Janet, There's a Light Over At the Frankenstein Place

I'm pretty sure my parents would be appalled to know that I've seen this film, let alone slightly enjoy it. In my defense, it may be rated R, but I am seventeen after all. And it's not like I've taken into practice any of the behaviors in the film. And Meatloaf is in it, and my folks love their Meatloaf. I just think it's a fun, kooky flick with some rockin tunes.


#4 Wicked


Favorite Songs: As Long As You're Mine, Defying Gravity

Ok, so Wicked isn't creepy or anything. It's actually great fun (seen it twice :). But what would Halloween be without a couple witches?







#3 Jeckyll and Hyde
Favorite Songs: Confrontation, Take Me As I Am

Classic.







#2 Sweeney Todd
Favorite Songs: A Little Priest, Johanna: Reprise

I love Stephen Sondheim, and this show, though very creepy and borderline sadistic, is brilliant. I prefer the voices from the movie to the original Broadway cast (sorry Angela Landsbury!). It is a story of love and what it can do to us. It can drive us to outlandish levels of deceit, and when it's lost, it can lead to an unquenchable thirst for vengeance.



#1 Little Shop of Horrors

Favorite Songs: Dentist Song, Skid Row, Somewhere That's Green

SO MUCH FUN! Another quirky fun show. I love the movie, mostly because Steve Martin kicks butt as the dentist. Great, catchy music. It's a riot.

No comments:

Post a Comment