Thursday, November 15, 2012

Mac N Cheese

This semester, I got a bad case of senioritis, and took a slew of easy classes. One of them is called "Foods I". HEAR ME OUT. It is not supposed to be an easy class; cooking just comes naturally to me. Some people think calculus is easy; I call those people: crazies. Anyway, I have a lot of fun in that class and we cook some really good stuff. I think the teacher is great, but I may be a little biased (she's my next-door neighbor). We made this mac and cheese in foods and I swear, it's the best. It's fairly easy to make and it tastes delicious.



Note: My sister tried this mac and said it was too bland. Granted her favorite is the neon-orange junk with the dinosaur mascot. If you feel the same, just add about a 1/2 a cup of salt, and it should be proportional to Cheesasaurus's. (I'm totally kidding, don't do that. And I love you sis!)

Mac N Cheese

2 TBS Butter
2 TBS Flour
1/2 tsp salt
4 Slices American Cheese
Garlic Salt to tast (optional; I used 1/4 tsp)
1 1/2 cup uncooked pasta noodles (elbow macaroni, shells, or bowtie)


1. Cook pasta according to package directions
2. Melt butter in a medium sauce pan over med-low heat
3. Once the butter is melted, add flour and salt all at once; stir (whisk works best) until completely combined
4. Remove mixture from heat
5. Add milk to mixture (about 1/3 at a time); stir until combined between each third
6. Cook mixture over med-high heat, stiring constantly, until it is thickened and bubbly
7. Remove from heat; stir in cheese slices one at a time until melted completely; add garlic salt
8. Mix with cooked noodles

No comments:

Post a Comment