Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Harry Potter Butterbeer Latte



This was what I intended to be my Halloween post, but plans changed. When my twin sister and I were little, our mom used to read "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" to us for a bedtime story. We've seen all of the movies and gone to midnight premieres of at least three of them. My sis has read the series (not a book, THE SERIES) so many times, she has lost count. I'm a sorry excuse for a HP fan. I haven't even read all the books yet. I'm on #3.


My favorite movie is "The Goblet of Fire". It's sort of a coming of age movie. It still has the magic and the wonder of the earlier films, with all the plot twists and suspense of the later ones.


My favorite character is Professor Snape. He has the most complex, heartbreakingly beautiful character development I've ever seen. And Alan Rickman is THE BOMB.


As soon as I know which book is my favorite, you'll be the first one's to know!

Wow! Look at me ramble! Anyway, in Harry Potter they drink this stuff called butterbeer at The Three Broomsticks. It has no alcohol. It is frothy drink of butterscotchy goodness. I made a non-carbonated, hot version for the cold weather.




Butterbeer Latte (single serving)

2 TBS Butter
2TBS Brown Sugar
1 1/2 cups Milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cinnamon


1. Melt butter over low heat; add brown sugar

2. Cook over medium-high heat until it comes to a boil; remove as soon as it starts to boil

3. Add the milk; stir frequently over medium high heat until this mixture comes to a boil; remove

4. Add the vanilla and cinnamon; let cool until it is comfortable to drink; serve with whipped cream on top

No comments:

Post a Comment