Thursday, November 22, 2012

Turkeys, Twins, Beauties, and Beasts

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today I have a lot to be thankful for because it is also my birthday! (Isn't that a nice looking pumpkin pie? I made it myself!)



Eighteen years ago, my twin sister and I invaded the family tree. They haven't pruned us off yet, so we must be doing all right.

For our birthday celebration, we went to Beauty and the Beast at the Des Moines Civic Center. It was great! The silver thing is one of many streamers that were shot at the crowd during "Be Our Guest". It was one of the most elaborate shows I've ever seen, and it was so fun! Unfortunately, my sister, who loves the movie and is basically Belle (pretty as a peach, an avid reader), couldn't go. She's been really sick lately, and she was not well enough be out and about.

Since my sister was ill, she and my mom missed out on the landslides of food. We went to my dad's cousins for the meal. It was delicious as always. I have a friend, Megan, who has a blog (http://fastestgirlintownblog.blogspot.com/) and on it, she put the ten things that she is most thankful for. So, since I am seriously lacking creativity, I shall do the same. But since I am also lazy, I'm only going to do five things. (I'm thankful for way more than five things)

1. Crash Dummies
This seems super random, but in my psychology class, we watched a video about how they tested seatbelts before crash dummies existed. Basically, the would have people crash into trees and stuff, and see if they died. So, I'm glad we have crash dummies.
2. Stephen Sondheim
Because he is the father of most of my favorite music.
3. Ovens
Who likes cold food? Not me.
4. My mom
In the book, "The Perks of Being A Wallflower", Charlie states that on your birthday, you should receive gifts, but you should give a gift to your mom, because she was there too. And she was the one doing all the hard work (I'm thankful for the rest of my family too. You all rock!)
5. My faith
Without it, I would be lost. I would not know who I am.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody! God bless! NOW WE CAN PLAY CHRISTMAS MUSIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment