Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas etc.

Christmas was great! Not just because of the presents (which, I'll admit, were pretty sweet), but because of all the gifts from God that I received as well.

1) First and foremost, all of my family had safe travels from Seattle, Brooklyn, Illinois, Minnesota, etc. to Iowa and back.

2) We had a white Christmas!

3) I got some pretty cool stuff for Christmas. I got a torch from William Sonoma and an adorable apron from Anthropologie, and other assorted kitchen supplies. Plus, some stuff for college.





4) The most amazing thing happened this Christmas. My Grandma Joyce has had Alzheimer's for a while now. For the most part, she doesn't remember the grandkids, and with her own kids it's a little hit and miss. I can't imagine what it would be like in her shoes. Always fishing to remember who people are, and always having people tell you where to go or what to do. Luckily, she always recognizes my Grandpa, and she still has very sweet, loving disposition. Anyway, on Christmas she wasn't remembering us, and she had just awaken from a nap so she was a little confused. So we started singing  Christmas songs with her, and she knew every word of every song. We all sang together, every song we knew.  It was such a fantastic experience for all of us. She got to participate with our family, and for me, it was a glimpse back at the way she used to be. Sharp as a tack (honestly, she knew the lyrics better than I did).  She may not remember it, but I always will.

5) My sister, our friend Ally and I went prom dress shopping with the ladies in our family (including my Aunt from Seattle!) I found a beautiful dress! (it's from Stacey's Bridal/Prom. They have fabulous dresses!




No comments:

Post a Comment